What do I need to know?
- You must join a Medicare prescription drug plan for Medicare to pay for your drugs.
- Remember, if you sign up for a Medicare HMO or Medicare Advantage program,you will not be able to receive Medicare skilled home health from Agape!!!
- You will have continuous drug coverage and pay a small amount out of your own pocket.
- Compare your drug plan options and join.
- If you already have Medicaid and become eligible for Medicare, your Medicare drug coverage will begin the first day of the month that your Medicare benefits (Part A and/or B) begin. Medicare will enroll you in a drug plan for drug coverage effective the first day that your Medicare benefits begin so you don’t have a gap in prescription drug coverage. You can switch drug plans at any time.
- If you already have Medicare and become eligible for Medicaid, Medicare will enroll you in a Medicare drug plan if you haven’t already enrolled in one. Your coverage begins the first day you were eligible for Medicaid benefits so you won’t have a gap in prescription drug coverage. You can switch drug plans at any time.
- Medicaid will still pay for your other health costs.
You can look at the “Medicare & You 2006″ handbook, visit www.medicare.gov on the web, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.